Schedule an Appointment: 850-407-7840

Accepted Insurance and Tricare

We Accept the Following Insurance Providers
We do not accept Medicaid

Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO/Blue Options - Tricare (including Tricare Prime and Tricare Standard) - Aetna - Cigna - United Healthcare - Golden Rule - Mail Handler - Workers' Compensation - Auto Insurance

Please Note the Following:
Accepted insurance can change. We suggest verifying your insurance with your insurance company before making an appointment and get to know the three key insurance payment definitions below.

Panhandle Orthopaedics does not participate in the Medicare program, but will accept select Medicare patients under private contracts, in compliance with Medicare guidelines.

Tricare Preferred Provider

We offer preeminent orthopedic care for troops stationed in the Florida Panhandle. Main office in Pensacola, Florida Learn More →


Insurance Payment Definitions

There are 3 key terms that patients should be educated on; Deductible, Co-Payment and Co-insurance. We've defined and outlined them for you here.

DEDUCTIBLE: A fixed dollar amount during the benefit period (usually a year) that an insured person pays before the insurer starts to make payments for covered medical services. Plans may have both per individual and family deductibles.

  • Some plans may have separate deductibles for specific services. For example, a plan may have a hospitalization deductible per admission.
  • Deductibles may differ if services are received from an approved provider or if received from providers not on the approved list.

CO-PAYMENT: A form of medical cost sharing in a health insurance plan that requires an insured person to pay a fixed dollar amount when a medical service is received.
The insurer is responsible for the rest of the reimbursement.

  • There may be separate co-payments for different services.
  • Some plans require that a deductible first be met for specific services before a co-payment applies.

CO-INSURANCE: Instead of, or in addition to, paying a fixed amount up front, the co-insurance is a percentage of the total cost that an insured person may also pay.

  • For example, the member may pay 20% of the cost of a surgery over a co-payment, while the insurance company pays the other 80%. If there is an upper limit on coinsurance, the policy-holder could end up owing very little, or a great deal, depending on the actual costs.